Summary of how we use your data
- Bird Box Direct uses your personal data to manage and administer your order and your involvement with our company, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes.
- Data is not shared with other organisations unless required by law
- Where we rely on your consent, such as any consent we seek for email marketing, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
What does this policy cover?
This policy describes how Bird Box Direct (also referred to as “the Company”, “we” or “us”) will make use of the data we handle in relation to our customers.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data from you. This includes:
- your name
- your home / business address, email address and phone number;
- your payment details, where you provide these to pay for goods:
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract. This includes:
- taking payments;
- communicating with you;
- providing and arranging the delivery or other provision of products, prizes or services;
- As required to our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to manage and administer orders you may make
- we will also use data to maintain records of previous orders
- Where you give us consent:
- we may send you direct marketing or promotional material by email;
- where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- we maintain records such as health and safety records and accounting records in order to meet specific legal requirements;
- We may respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
We do not carry out or profile for direct marketing.
If this changes, you will have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below in the “How do I get in touch with you?” section.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Information is not transferred outside the EEA.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Much of the information listed above must be provided on a mandatory basis so that we can make the appropriate legal checks. We will inform you which information is mandatory when it is collected. Some information is optional. If this is not provided, we may not be able to provide you with appropriate assistance, services or support.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to;
Bird Box Direct, 2 Margret Lowe Place, Aston Clinton Bucks. HP22 5YD
How long will you retain my data?
We process the majority of your data for as long as you are an active customer and for 10 years after this.
Where we process personal data with your consent, we process the data unless you ask us to stop. We will only process the data for a short period after this request (to allow us to implement).
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract, we keep the data for 10 years from your last interaction with us.
We will retain information held to maintain statutory records in line with appropriate statutory requirements or guidance.